A crummy world of plot holes and smelling errors.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Give peace a chance.

I just found out about the Peace One Day concert. Personally, I'm totally stoked about this gig. I can't wait for it to bring about world peace, just like Live 8 put an end to hunger, and Live Earth fixed climate change.

I can't believe no one thought of this sooner. I don't know what the U.N. were thinking of, with their mediators and peace-keeping forces, when all they needed was a Coca-Cola sponsored event, featuring Annie Lennox, Jude Law, and very special guests.

Of course, I suppose, not every one thinks peace is necessarily a good thing. As Harry Lime said in The Third Man:
Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.


Not me though, I think peace is fantastic, and the sooner we can get that message out to the kids the better. I just hope we can undo the damage caused by Hip-Hop and video games.

No comments: